Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Meet Rob Cohane - Candidate for School Committee

This fall I will be sending out emails about four new candidates that I am supporting for School Committee and City Council. This does not mean that I do not support many of the incumbents (I do), but I wanted to introduce you to a few new candidates whom I think have a great deal to offer our city. The first candidate that I hope you all will get a chance to meet, then vote for, is my friend Rob Cohane, a candidate for Worcester School Committee. I have worked closely with Rob to improve our school system and I know he will be a valuable addition to the School Committee. Rob and his wife, Kenya, have two boys in the Worcester Public Schools. He has been an active member of the School Site Council and the Parent Teacher Group at Worcester Arts Magnet School. He has also served on the Citywide Parent Planning Advisory Council (CPPAC) and is currently the group's Co-Chairperson. In this role Rob has led the fight to increase funding for our schools, helped organize events to improve parental engagement, and encouraged efforts to improve school facilities.

Rob understands how important our local school system is to our children and our community. His top priority will be to establish a five year financial plan for the Worcester Public Schools. He will also work on:

- Implementing an aggressive and responsible technology plan to insure that all children have access to 21st century technology.

- Increasing opportunities for middle school students and parents.

- Working to support our teachers and insure that they have the resources they need to help all children succeed.

Rob currently works in Quality Engineering for a Massachusetts based Medical Device Company. He has twenty plus years working in industries and knows first-hand what skills our children need to succeed in the 21st century economy. You can learn more about Rob by visiting his Facebook page at www.facebook.com/groups/voterobcohane. You can also meet Rob at his free campaign kickoff event this Wednesday, September 25th from 5:00 - 7:00 PM at Pizza Works Restaurant, located at 456 Grove Street. If you would like a sign or other campaign materials, please let me know. Please also feel free to call or email me if you want to know more about Rob and his campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment